pizza pizza pizza!Posted: November 4, 2010
Today, melody and I made a pizza topped with spinach, caramelized onions, and prosciutto. honestly, I am the worst “dough” person on the face of the planet, but the pizza ended up tasting pretty good, and sister 3 had seconds (being the world’s pickiest eater, this is a VICTORY!)
for the dough, I used the recipe on the back of the Fleischman’s Pizza Yeast packet, which I guess isn’t that great because my dough was way sticky, and in the recipe, it makes no mention of any kind of “rising” which I assume is the pointed of yeast. We started with:
- Mixing 1 cup of flour, 3 tbsp of oil, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, packet of yeast, and warm, warm tap water. In the step, my water might not have been hot enough, so maybe that what messed it up.
- Then, proceed to add at least 3/4 cup of flour, if not more until dough can be kneaded into a ball
- Roll it out into circle or rectangle – we chose rectangle because I learned nothing working at domino’s in high school
- And we topped it. We used a pre-made sauce (yep, bite me) and then added all the toppings. Easiest thing ever. Finished it out with mozzarella and parmesan.
- In addition, we sauteed the onions until they were brown and sweet in olive oil 20 minutes prior to making the dough. Oven should be at 425.
Man, delicious. There are not post-baked pictures of this because we were too hungry. Anyway, we’ve been finished the night with hot apple cider every night, cinnamon sticks and everything. Autumn is the best season for comfort.