So I made some scones to experiment. Fully acknowledging that my surprise is now spoiled, I present possibly the most delicious little savory scones (without butter). Taken from epicurious.com
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (1) – chopped (they said 0.5 inch squares?)
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 2 cups grated parmesan
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- Rosemary, thyme, oregano
- Brown sugar (For onions)
- Caramelize onions in a pan with olive oil; preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While onions are being caramelized, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Also, grate parmesan (the onions will take a while). When onions begin to yellow/show transparency, add a bit of thyme, rosemary, and oregano as well as a couple pinches of brown sugar for more flavor.
- Mix in the grated parmesan with the flour mixture, then add the caramelized onions. Slowly mix in the whipping cream to the batter to form a soft kneaded dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, create two 3/4 inch thick rounds of dough (divide in half and pat) – add a bit of flour if it seems sticky! Then cut each round into wedges – the recipe says 6 but I actually did 8? Doesn’t seem to matter much either way! Then, place in the center rack of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes (until bottoms are golden brown and tops are slightly brown– use a toothpick to double check!)
These were my first scones ever, and surprisingly simple and super delicious. Hope you enjoy them sisters! Will be sending them out tomorrow 🙂
Am i the only one posting?
London was AWESOME! Here were some sweet delights and savory delights there!
They were wicked awesome! My mom would compete for one! My personal favs are OREO and RED VELVET. At the one at Harrod’s, they have these buns that are savory and sweet. I personally love the savory one with gruyere cheese, chives, ham, and delicious stuff!
THE GOLDEN HINE
Awesome fish and chips! Me and my family spent about 2 hrs? trying to get there! But boy, was it worth it! Just dust with salt and pepper and it’s delicious! The straws are super long so nice apple juice!
Yes, STARBUCKS! They have delicious tomato& chicken paninis, yummy little petit fours, highly reccomend the white chocolate and raspberry mini cake! Also, their mango smoothies are quite effective… MMMMMMMMMMM!
So nice! I ate there for breakfast TWICE! Delicious yogurt and tea! My favorite yogurt is normal with lots of fruits and extra honey! They also sell INNOCENT smoothies that are the BEST!
PRET A MANGER
So nice! It’s a big chain store with tons of sandwiches that are good! My favorite is the chicken and avacado. Their miso soup isn’t the best, but worth buying! Cheap and delicious and healthy, I’d DEFINITELY go!
This is a obonyaki japanese pancake place! They make it RIGHT in front of you! It’s delicious, i’m not vegetarian, but i love the corn, spring onion, and tofu one! So good and worth buying!
This is most of some good MUST GO TO in London! Really good, go there whenever you can! 🙂
So here’s a really nice recipe for CHEESE LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get two bland crackers, butter, and parmesan cheese.
Mix the butter and cheese VERY well! Make sure the cheese is grated before mixed with a spoon.
After that, spread on one cracker, make a sandwich!
Sorry because Sister 3 has two major projects of the year and she needs to WORK! But some nice recipes RIGHT here!
Really good sweet corn-
Cooked sweet corn
Japanese Seasoning (Salt&Pepper mix)
Mediterranian Sea Salt
Take kernels off the corn with a knife.
Put butter, the corn, the salt, and japanese seasoning.
After that, put in microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Finally, strain by putting the corn on a paper towel, and draining it out with the other to get the butter out.
Voila! The BEST corn EVER!
Salt for seasoning!
Chop up the potatoes and carrots and seaweed (mince the seaweed!).
Get the corn off the cob.
Get a pot of hot water and put lots of miso in it. I’d start with half a spoon, then so on.
Put the veggies and seaweed AFTER THE MISO.
Put in the salt to make it a bit salty if you want to!
If these don’t work out, I’m sorry LOL!
See ya! Sister 3!