Perfect Crispy Breakfast PotatoesPosted: August 30, 2015
i’ve always wondered how to make crispy and flavorful potatoes like the ones you get at restaurants, but all my attempts have been fruitless. but using a recipe from the minimalist baker, i realized how easy it was!
you will need:
diced clove of garlic (optional)
- microwave your potato for 2 minutes, the time will vary depending on the size of your potato.
- let it cool down for a little bit and dice the garlic.
- heat up lots of butter and oil on a medium heat saucepan.
- cut up the potato and liberally salt and pepper them.
- slowly place them in the pan, and let them cook away.
- turn the potatoes over every once and awhile to allow them to get a nice crust.
- when all the buter has finally evaporated (the bubbling has stopped for the most part), your potatoes are done! this would be the time to add the garlic.