the ultimate breakfast for dinnerPosted: March 30, 2016
hi, sister three here! i’ve fallen in love with this multi-grain bread that you can get at costco, it’s full of seeds and is absolutely delicious. i like to heavily butter it then cook it in a pan, resulting in an extremely crispy exterior. but how can i make this better? by adding scrambled eggs of course! the result is soft and fluffy eggs, crispy toast, and a good bite from the red pepper. enjoy!
(feeds 1) you will need:
2 pieces of toast (your choice, you probably want thick pieces that can hold up the eggs)
red bell pepper
salt & pepper
softened butter (salted preferred, if not just add it)
- whisk eggs together and season accordingly.
- dice the red bell pepper and onion.
- heat a pan to medium-high with butter and add the onion.
- once the onion has softened, add the red bell pepper. whilst waiting for the onion to soften, take the butter and spread it on the bread- be generous!
- heat up another pan to medium and place the bread (cold pan). meanwhile, grate the parmesan cheese (optional).
- once the bread has turned golden brown and crispy on one side, flip it over.
- pour the eggs into the pan and scramble! i like to make downward motions. you don’t want your eggs to be super clumpy or they’ll just fall off of the toast.
- finish the toast and transfer to plate, place eggs on top. sprinkle parmesan cheese (optional)