easy tomato butter saucePosted: April 2, 2016
hi, sister three here! this is my favorite tomato sauce that utilizes fresh tomatoes. i’ve made this recipe with plum, roma, and grape tomatoes and it’s always tasted delicious! i like to dice my tomatoes instead of just halving them so that they break down easier and i don’t have to mash the sauce as much. blending it is also an option, but i don’t like blending hot liquids. but i recommend that you leave a few spoonfuls of sauce behind when you blend it for extra texture! the garlic gets put in at the end of the sauce so it has time to soften instead of getting crispy and burnt. i hope you try this, enjoy!
you will need:
6 tomatoes (your choice), diced
half an onion, diced
3 thinly sliced garlic cloves (can be diced, but i love thinly sliced garlic)
parmesan cheese (optional)
spaghetti (or any other pasta)
- heat up about a tablespoon of butter in a super hot pan- you want the butter to melt on it’s own before proceeding to the next step.
- toss in the onion and stir. cover the pan and fill up a cup with a tiny bit of water (just a few drops)
- after a few minutes, uncover and pour in the water. when your onions are brown and nicely cooked (don’t forget to season!), toss in the diced tomatoes.
- after stirring around, toss in the garlic and let the mixture boil/simmer for 20-30 minutes. you want most of the liquid to be gone!
- “mash” the sauce with your cooking utensil if you’d like- this allows the pasta to absorb the sauce better.
- after seasoning to taste (i recommend adding sugar), toss in as much butter as you’d like. i like a lot to make my sauce creamier, but it’s all up to you.
- when the sauce is finished, toss in your parmesan cheese and the pasta! top with more cheese if you’d like. enjoy!