the best grilled cheese : vegan!Posted: May 7, 2016
hi guys! i’m obsessed with vegan youtubers- hotforfood (lauren toyota too), kalel kitten, and the list just goes on and on. they’ve all been raving about this vegan cheese called chao cheese and i’ve been looking for it for forever, so when i found it at earthfare today i almost screamed. this is hands down one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches i’ve ever had and it can easily be made vegan, i just didn’t have vegan butter with me. you can use any brand of chao cheese (or any vegan cheese, but i love chao), they only had the tomato cayenne, so i had a gooey and spicy cheese sandwich. i hope you try it and enjoy!
grilled cheese sandwich serves 1
you will need:
two slices of chao cheese
two slices of bread (i used white country bread from costco)
butter (vegan if you have it)
1. butter the outsides of each slice of bread
2. place the cheese on the slices of bread, then the basil if you have it
3. place the sandwich on the pan at medium heat (i didn’t preheat but you could)
4. place the pan’s cover on top and flip when you think it’s right (trust me, it’s a cook’s intuition!)
5. once both sides are golden and crispy, enjoy!
my sandwich fell apart multiple times when i was flipping it and i didn’t think that the cheese was melted, but it was ooey and gooey in my mouth! so basically as long as it’s warm and soft, don’t worry about what it looks like.