I don’t have pictures, but last weekend I made a hell of a dinner with some friends. Recently, it’s been getting chillier here in New York, and soup has been on the brain. It’s a very easy soup, and requires no cream, or butter, which is nice and simple! All you need is a blender!
- 1 bag of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, minced (I substituted with onions and garlic once – but must be careful if using garlic)
- 2 tbsp of minced and peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash of paprika
- minced scallions (green onions)
1. Heat olive oil in pot to medium heat; add shallots for about 2 minutes. Then, add carrots and ginger and sautee until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt.
2. Once carrots are tender (check with a fork), add in chicken broth and spices (spices can varied – the recipe I originally looked at used coriander!). Allow mixture to simmer until boiling, then reduce heat, about ten minutes. Once it cools a little bit, puree in blender until liquified. If it seems too chunky, then add some more chicken broth to the puree and it should even out.
3. Top with minced scallions. Serves enough for 4, or 2 if you are very hungry!
Sorry because Sister 3 has two major projects of the year and she needs to WORK! But some nice recipes RIGHT here!
Really good sweet corn-
Cooked sweet corn
Japanese Seasoning (Salt&Pepper mix)
Mediterranian Sea Salt
Take kernels off the corn with a knife.
Put butter, the corn, the salt, and japanese seasoning.
After that, put in microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Finally, strain by putting the corn on a paper towel, and draining it out with the other to get the butter out.
Voila! The BEST corn EVER!
Salt for seasoning!
Chop up the potatoes and carrots and seaweed (mince the seaweed!).
Get the corn off the cob.
Get a pot of hot water and put lots of miso in it. I’d start with half a spoon, then so on.
Put the veggies and seaweed AFTER THE MISO.
Put in the salt to make it a bit salty if you want to!
If these don’t work out, I’m sorry LOL!
See ya! Sister 3!